Generators are a huge blessing for almost everyone nowadays. Whether you live in an area where the electrical conditions are not stable or you are planning on a long camping trip, a durable, trusty, and portable generator will come in handy, whatever the situation be like. One point that we absolutely cannot ignore when it comes to powerful and reliable generators, is the noise it creates. But fear not, for we are here to solve all your problems! No more futile surfing through the net for hours on an end is required to select the best generator that you are looking for! We bring to you the 5 best quiet generators that you absolutely must check out before setting your eye on ‘the one’!
5 Best Quiet Generators
|Briggs and Stratton 30651 P2200|
Best Quiet Generators Reviewed
1. Honda EU2200i – Quietest Portable Generator
- This popular model can operate a wide variety of appliances, making it perfect for portable use at home, camping, on the job site, or much more. Reliable Power is now at your fingertips with Honda's Inverted Generators.
- So quiet, your neighbors will thank you. The EU2200i operates at 48 to 57 dBA, which is less noise than a normal conversation. This makes it ideal for camping, supplemental RV power and any other activity that requires quiet operation.
- Add a second EU2200i for additional power. Two identical models can be paralleled with an optional cable or cord for up to 4400 watts of power, or time-consuming applications.
- Thanks to our exclusive Eco-Throttle System, the EU2200i offers great fuel efficiency. Runs 4.0 to 9.6 hours on a single tank, depending on the load. This makes it the ideal choice for overnight power, or long-time applications.
- Honda's inverter technology means stable, clean power in a smaller, lighter package. The precision of Honda's inverter technology ensures our inverter generators produce power that is as reliable as the power you get from your outlets at home.
The all-new Honda EU2200i inverter generator is a part of Honda Power Equipment’s Super Quiet Series of generators. It is an all-purpose, perfectly portable generator, that delivers 10 percent more power (200 watts) than the outgoing Honda EU2000i model. It is the perfect choice for consumers for its better performance, increased power, and improved ease of use and maintenance. The only drawback of the Honda EU2200i is its small-sized fuel tank of 0.95 gallons. But it makes it up with a decent run time of about 8.1 hours at quarter load.
- Engine: The increased power of the Honda EU2200i is backed by a 121cc Honda GXR120 Commercial Series engine. It delivers exceptionally quiet, smooth, fuel-efficient performance in a lightweight package.
- Noise Level: It operates at 53dB at quarter load. But at rated load, it’s operational sound reaches to 62dB. For comparison, an average conversation produces noise at about 60dB. This means, that Honda EU2200i is indeed the best quiet generator as it makes about as much noise as people whispering.
- Lightweight, Compact, and Portable: Possibly the smallest (L X W X H = 20 X 11.4 X 16.7 inches) portable generator of high quality, the Honda EU2200i weighs less than 47 lbs., which makes it incredibly compact, lightweight and portable. It is the perfect portable generator for work, home, or play.
- Parallel Capability: It comes with an amazing feature like the parallel capability. Two identical models can be paralleled with an additional cable to procure about 4400 watts of power. It can also be paralleled with the EB2200i model, as well as the older EU2000i model.
Known to be the best quiet generator in town, it is indeed incredibly quiet and produces minimal operational noises, which makes it one of the best indoor generators. As the product comes with an easy starting guide and an automatic switch-off technology, it can be used by anyone who even has little to no knowledge of handling inverter generators. The portability of the generator makes it easy for anyone to carry.
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
The product with all the important features put together is a really good investment for both homeowners as well as campers. It is reliable, easy to use, and easy to maintain. The fact that it is portable makes it a better choice among the other of its kind. It is also best suited for home, work as well as outdoors.
To clear all your confusion, check out this video:
2. WEN 56125i
The WEN 56125i is designed with cutting-edge inverter technology to simulate a pure sine wave at the exact required voltage and energy. This model provides you with clean and stable power which is safe for your laptops, monitors, cell phones, tablets, and other sensitive electronics. It delivers up to 1250 watts of power in an extremely quiet fashion and is suitable for your indoor as well as outdoor needs. Though we have to say, that the plastic oil dip-stick, instead of the Magnetic oil dip-stick is a drawback of this model.
- Engine: The WEN 561251i is equipped with a 60 cc WEN OHV 4-stroke engine. It is fuelled by gasoline and 120V of power. It provides a running wattage of 1000 watts and reaches its peak at 1250 watts.
- Compact and Portable: The WEN 561250i weighs 31.6 lbs. and is a part of the WEN series of Portable Inverter Generator, which designs some of the lightest and most portable generators in the market. It is equipped with a fold-out steel handle and inbuilt wheels for portability prospects.
- Quiet Operation: The WEN 561251i makes an operational noise of just 51dB, which is slightly noisier than a normal household conversation. This feature makes it one of the quietest portable generators in the market.
- Parallel Capability: The power of the WEN 561251i can be doubled as it has the feature of parallel capability.
This easily portable generator is most suited for your basic requirements in the house and not-too-heavy outdoor power needs.
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
From the above-explained qualities of the WEN 561251i, it is a great generator that proves useful during power outages and can also be used for powering sensitive electronic equipment. The product also offers, and overload protection and an automatic low-oil shutoff. The owner’s manual that comes with it, also helps you a great deal.
3. Yamaha EF2000iSv2
- 1600 watt rated AC output, 2000 watt maximum AC output, 13.3/16.7 amps @ 120V
- Super-quiet muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor - 51.5 dBA at 1/4 load
- Smart Throttle varies engine speed based on load - improves fuel economy and reduces noise
- Inverter system with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control
- CARB Compliant
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is a gas-powered portable generator with an improved controller and added advanced programming that accommodates more devices. The Smart Throttle feature of this model helps in controlling the engine speed and will help you to use the fuel efficiently. A major disadvantage of the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is the use of pull start instead of electric start. Also, oil spills are frequent when using this product.
The features of the Yamaha EF2000iSv2
- Engine: The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 uses a high quality 79 cc 4-stroke overhead valve engine. It has a cast-iron cylinder to prolong the engine’s life. It is fuel-efficient and can run for almost 11 hours at quarter load, without refueling.
- Noise Level: Yamaha inverters are known to have the quietest inverter systems. The Yamaha EF2000iSv2’s operational noise ranges between 51dB and 61dB. Thus, it does operate in a noiseless manner.
- Portability: The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is one of the lightest and most compact generators. It weighs about 45 lbs., which makes it an extremely easily portable generator.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 produces a running power of 1600 watts hence it is not the best emergency power source, but it can power a few appliances. All said, the defect rate of this product is very low, and you can upgrade it by connecting it with a second unit.
Overall Rating: 4.3/5
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 generator is significantly less noisy, fuel-efficient, and one of the most portable generators of the present time due to its compact and small size and very lightweight. If you are looking for a generator that you can easily take with you for camping purposes, or support a maximum of two large appliances when emergency power is needed, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is one of the most reliable generators you can purchase.
To know more about this particular model, you can take a look at this video:
4. Honda EU3000is
- - EU3000i Handi packs plenty of power to start up recreational vehicle air conditioning units up to 13,500 BTUs
- - At only 78 lbs., the EU3000i handi is the lightest, most compact 3000-Watt inverter generator that Honda has ever made
- - Exceptionally portable, sporting 2 handles and wheels, the EU3000i Handi can be rolled to your destination, plus loaded and unloaded very easily by 1 or 2 people
- - So quiet, your neighbors will thank you, the EU3000i Handi operates at 57 to 65 dBA, depending on the load, this makes it ideal for camping, supplemental RV power and any other activity that requires quiet operation
- - Thanks to Honda's exclusive eco-throttle system, the EU3000i Handi offers outstanding fuel efficiency, since the engine only revs as much as necessary to produce the power being demanded, it runs up to 7.7 hours on a single tank, depending on the load
The Honda EU3000is is without doubt one of the best available inverter generators of 3000 watts. It is worth the price. It has the original Honda engine which is powerful enough to run all major electrical appliances excluding welders. It is also remarkably quiet for its size. Though the generator is portable, still its size becomes a bit of an issue.
The remarkable features of the Honda EU3000is
- Engine: The Honda EU3000is generator comes with a 196 cc Honda GX200 engine that runs on gasoline. This model produces a running wattage of 2800 watts and reaches a peak of 3000 watts.
- Fuel Tank Size: It consists of a 3.4-gallon fuel tank. Due to its fuel-efficient nature, this generator can run for a maximum of 20 hours on quarter load and 7.1 hours at rated load.
- Noise Level: It is an exceptionally quiet generator, despite its size. At quarter load, the generator produces an operational noise of 50dB, and that of 57dB at rated load. This is comparable to the average noise created by a normal human conversation; this is one of the quietest inverter generators.
This Honda reliable generator with increased power comes with an added weight. This generator has been specially designed for outdoor uses like in job sites, but it works well even as a home power backup system. The increased power makes the Honda EU3000is the best overnight generator.
Overall Rating: 4/5
The Honda EU3000is is suitable for camping trips, RV trips, or even as a home backup system. It is reliable and extremely powerful. Though it is slightly on the expensive side, still it is a value for money.
5. Briggs and Stratton 30651 P2200 – Handy Inverter Generator
- Quiet and fuel efficient 111 cc OHV engine produces 2,200 starting watts and 1700 running watts
- USB port allows charging of portable electronics in order to stay connected. Muffler : Super Lo-tone. Start type: Recoil
- Produces less than 3% total harmonic distortion making it safe for laptop computers, TVs and game systems
- 1-gallon fuel tank for up to 6.5 hours of continuous operation at 25% load
- Parallel connector port allows connection between 2 units for more power
The Briggs and Stratton P2200 is a lightweight, reasonably quiet generator. This model is handy and stylish and can produce a good amount of power in a limited time. It is assisted by carrying handles, that improve the portability of the product. One potential drawback of this item is its small fuel tank size. Also, the Briggs and Stratton P2200 does not ship to California.
- Engine: This portable generator is powered by fossil fuels and has a 111 cc OHV engine. It gives a running wattage of 1700 watts which is enough to power small electrical appliances like a fan or heater. It can run for 8 hours on quarter load.
- Noise Level: The Briggs and Stratton P2200 produces an operational noise of about 59dB at quarter load and that of 57dB on the eco mode. It is fairly quiet in comparison to most other inverter generators of its power. A pre-installed muffler and Super Lo-Tone technology control the noise created by the product.
A part of the brand’s PowerSmart series, the Briggs and Stratton P2200 offers a portable design and a decent power supply for recreational purposes.
Overall Rating: 4/5
If you are looking for a portable generator for your RV or camping, at a reasonable price, then choosing the Briggs and Stratton 30651 P2200 inverter generator might be your best option.
What To Keep In Mind While Looking For Generators?
If you are out to purchase a portable generator for your needs, there are a few things that you need to look out for. Focus on the wattage that the generator gives and on the fuel type and fuel tank size. These will add up to the product’s efficiency. Some generators have recoil cords that you have to pull like a lawnmower to make it start. But it is best to opt for one with an electric start. Also, the above-detailed analysis of the top 5 best quiet generators will give you an idea of the noise levels of various inverter generators. So, choose wisely!
Our Recommendation – Honda EU2200i Inverter Generator
Having given you a good many options, we recommend you go for the Honda EU2200i Inverter Generator. It works well both at home and outdoors. It’s Eco Throttle® provides you with a fuel-efficient system which gives you a decent run time of about 8.1 hours. This model caters to most needs and works well as a home power backup system or as a camping trip companion. A detailed study of the market shows Honda products are trusted and relied on by the consumers.
Keeping in mind the essential capacity of power required to work at home as well as outdoors, the Honda EU2200i Inverter Generator catches our eye. The EU2200i also drives home the problem of excess noise created due to the functioning of the generator.
The operational noise produced by this model stays between 53dB (at ¼ load) and 62dB (at rated load), which qualifies as almost noiseless. The Honda EU2200i Inverter Generator is also extremely efficient, exceptionally durable, user-friendly, and can be easily cleaned due to the remarkable features of the product.
So, if you are looking for a portable, compact, lightweight yet sufficiently powerful inverter generator, the Honda EU2200i Inverter Generator is the best quiet inverter generator the market can offer.